aftermarket air intake question..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket air intake question.....

hokie2008

Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
im looking to buy an aftermarket air intake for my 1993 explorer. the thing is im not familiar about these things. any advice on where i can get an affordable one or is there anything else i need to know before buying one. im looking for some more power and a better sound out of my explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. This is a great reasouce for X owners such as ourselves. For your intake question, i suggest you use the search feature at the top right of the page before starting a new thread. For most things, you will be able to find a lot of information quickly this way.

Now as far as an intake goes, the 1st gen X's have very little. I have the KKM "intake". This $100 at www.kustomz.com. It is a very cheap and easy way to give a boost in fuel economy and power. Good luck with all you plan to do with your X. You definitley came to the right site. :thumbsup:

thanks for the help! does your intake make the explorer sound good? i wanna a deep powerful tone

Intake produces a deep sucking sound at higher RPMs. It does sound alot better than stock IMO. But the only way to get a really deep rumble is to get the exhaust done.

so at normal stop light takeoff i wont hear much? i was also thinking of getting a flowmaster 40 series muffler...i guess ill need a welder for that job huh?

it depends on how picky you are, clamps get the job done as well

Back