Interchangable parts for 2001 sport trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interchangable parts for 2001 sport trac

Asa B

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport trac
Im a new driver with my 1st vehicle and it needs some work. I need to replace the drivers seat in my 2001 sport trac and ive found a junk 2004 explorer. Will this have some interchangeavle body parts?

Im a new driver with my 1st vehicle and it needs some work. I need to replace the drivers seat in my 2001 sport trac and ive found a junk 2004 explorer. Will this have some interchangeavle body parts?

My guess is probably not.

I am mid process of swapping the power seat base, and lumbar bag plus center long console from a 2003 explorer into my 01 sport trac. everything seems to be bolting up, but the seat back is different, and the bottom of the seat in the 03 has built in metal bolsters. Center console pretty much bolts in, just have to figure out what to do with the restraint module. I also added a 2003 tilt column to my 01 st and in the process now also have the cruise buttons, so I added the cruise motor up front. I think there is quite a bit that swaps over.

Back