interesting things happening that shouldn't | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interesting things happening that shouldn't

Bootless

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer 4x4
Ok guys just git done doing valve cover egr uper intake iacv and throttle body gaskets and new plugs now its missing a little and if I let it idle for more than 30 seconds it just dies and some time back fires when I press the gas some one please help me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fix what u messed up.

A. Check the spark plugs to make sure that they are actually tight and not the socket binding up in the plug hole. Ensure that the plug wires are fully on the plugs.
B. Make sure that the firing order is correct with regards to the coil pack. Backfiring is almost always ignition caused and you messed with the plug wires and the connector to the coil pack.

Good Luck

B. Make sure that the firing order is correct with regards to the coil pack. Backfiring is almost always ignition caused and you messed with the plug wires and the connector to the coil pack.

^ This.

Ok guys thank you when I took it apart I checked passenger side it was 123 so I figured driver would be the same I just got a diagram from here and it had 3 wires hooked up wrong runs great now

Back