• Register Today It's free!

Interior seizsuring

Onetirefire

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I have a 2002 Explorer XLT and sometimes the truck starts, as my kids call it seizuring. It will beep, the dome light will flicker on and off, the door locks will lock and unlock. It seems to only do this when it's cold or wet, can there be moisture in the wiring? has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have not had that problem, but one common issue with these seems to be the wiring from the drivers door to it's hinge pillar. Inside the boot, the wires get stretched and break. I'm thinking it might be an easy check -- but like I say, I have not had this problem.

Ignition cylinders are notorious for causing ghost in the machine symptoms like you are seeing, especially if you have a lot of weight on your key chain.

I have not had that problem, but one common issue with these seems to be the wiring from the drivers door to it's hinge pillar. Inside the boot, the wires get stretched and break. I'm thinking it might be an easy check -- but like I say, I have not had this problem.
Fordysenior what was your repair method? What tools and materials did you use? I have similar problems on my '03 Explorer XLT.

mtbnest -- I haven't had that problem yet, I watch this forum to learn about repairs for when things happen -- but click this link and you can watch the video that will help. Also, you can do a search on this forum to find answers.
lots of random electric problems...

Back