• Register Today It's free!

iPod issues

fjc2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I have an older iPod Nano that I keep a lot of music on, and leave in my vehicles all the time. I've never had an issue with telling Sync, "Play Track Magic Power" or "Play Track Roll With The Changes" and having the correct song play. That was in various previous Ford vehicles, including my last one, a 2010 F-150.

When I got my new Explorer Sport, it worked fine as well. Suddenly though, the other day it got strange. I'd say, "Play Track Magic Power", and Sync would reply back, "Playing Song Magic Power" - but would play something completely wrong. No matter what song I ask for, she confirms it and plays something completely different.

I figured it was an indexing issue, so I used the menu to reindex it - didn't help. I then removed the iPod and changed some stuff around in it via iTunes and plugged it back in (causing another re-index) - still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi fjc2,

Have you tried rebooting your iPod? If not, I suggest doing so. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Rebecca

AHA! I've figured out the bug (and yes, I'd call this a bug).
If I have "Shuffle Off", and request a specific song, it WORKS - it plays that particular song.

However, if I have "Shuffle On", then request a song (let's say, "Magic Power" by Triumph), then it says, "Playing Song Magic Power" then must shuffle and pick a new song.

I just went out and re-tested this, that's exactly what is happening. I can select songs properly all day long if I have Shuffle Off. But if it is on, then I get a totally random song, not the one I requested.

This works differently than in previous versions (i.e., my 2010 Ford). I would usually play playlists in song order, but when I wanted to go random, I'd say "Shuffle On" then "Play Track Magic Power" - and Magic Power would play, followed by random songs.

I'd definitely call it a bug - if you request a particular track and Sync replies that it is playing it - it should play that song.

(and yes - I had rebooted the ipod in attempting to resolve this, as well as reload it from iTunes).

AHA! I've figured out the bug (and yes, I'd call this a bug).
If I have "Shuffle Off", and request a specific song, it WORKS - it plays that particular song.

However, if I have "Shuffle On", then request a song (let's say, "Magic Power" by Triumph), then it says, "Playing Song Magic Power" then must shuffle and pick a new song.

I just went out and re-tested this, that's exactly what is happening. I can select songs properly all day long if I have Shuffle Off. But if it is on, then I get a totally random song, not the one I requested.

This works differently than in previous versions (i.e., my 2010 Ford). I would usually play playlists in song order, but when I wanted to go random, I'd say "Shuffle On" then "Play Track Magic Power" - and Magic Power would play, followed by random songs.

I'd definitely call it a bug - if you request a particular track and Sync replies that it is playing it - it should play that song.

(and yes - I had rebooted the ipod in attempting to resolve this, as well as reload it from iTunes).

Try this. With shuffle off say "play track Magic Power", when the song Magic Power starts note track number that's playing. Then turn shuffle on and say "play track Magic Power", note the track number of the song that comes on. Is it the same as the number for Magic Power with shuffle off? If not, then never mind! :D

Try this. With shuffle off say "play track Magic Power", when the song Magic Power starts note track number that's playing. Then turn shuffle on and say "play track Magic Power", note the track number of the song that comes on. Is it the same as the number for Magic Power with shuffle off? If not, then never mind! :D

Ok, did that (but with "Roll With the Changes"). With "Shuffle Off" it played correctly, and listed it as song 704/1012.

With "Shuffle On" it played some other random song, and listed that song as... 704/1012.

Ok, did that (but with "Roll With the Changes"). With "Shuffle Off" it played correctly, and listed it as song 704/1012.

With "Shuffle On" it played some other random song, and listed that song as... 704/1012.

Appears to be indexing stamps it with a number. Then when you request a song it picks the song by indexed number, but said song has been renumbered by shuffle, giving it a shuffle(temporary) number. Or maybe this test was a huge coincidence.

Hopefully Rebecca can take this info back to her sources so this gets corrected in future versions.

Back