Iridium Spark Plugs?

2001_x

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Iridium Spark Plugs?

did anyone hear of these and does anyone recommend them. They say they are better then platnium.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are the next revolution in spark plug design, but they are VERY pricy and IMHO not worth the price. Your X will not run any better with Iridium plugs than it does with the factory plugs.

I jumped on a Honda Accord website (my wifes car) and they were saying those plugs were worth 27hp. I love hearing kids talk about things like that (adults too). Run what your owners manual says and good luck.

I am thinking of pulling and replacing my 8000mi Bosch Plat's since I viewed some evidence at this site that the electrodes are prone to failure and end up breaking off into the cylinder; I don't want any trouble.

I wonder too if replacing with Motorcraft 2x Plat's (AWSF22PPM) give any better performance than their standard service (copper core) plug , other than lasting 4 times longer.

I am taking site member's advice and replacing the OE plug wires with original Motorcraft WR-5791 wires

I actually have the iridium tipped plugs in my Ex. I changed them at 100,000km along with the leads. I can't remember what brand they were. I used Top Gun ignition leads. All seems to run alright, can't really say that it changed much. Although my Ex does run faultlessly.

Back