Is there a 1" body lift made? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a 1" body lift made?

I want to do a 3" BL but am afraid that it will be a pain in the ASS. I mean, how hard could be putting on the warrior shackles.......REAL HARD...all my bolts were rusted to the bushing from the salt up here in good old MI that it took an impact hammer. PITA. So I can't even imagine how hard it would be to get the bolts out for the BL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having not done a BL or seen one, I have no idea what is involved or what hastles I could run into. I am not sure what a shop in my area would charge. I would like the lift only if: the bumpers were raised, the tow hitch at the rear of my truck looks like it does now, and my brush bar on the front look exactly like it does now. Other than that I think 2" is the max I would go. With 2" I think I can go to 32's? I want to get some MT Classic II's, I just don't want to pay for them all at once...are there mail order places that do that. I havent seen one offering MT C II and a set of 32's. And could I fit 32's with a 2"BL

I'd like to do 2" BL. I have TT/Shackle lift now- if i do 2 inches, am i going to have to adjust my brush guard up front at all?

Yes, you need to raise your bumper with the BL, so your brush guard will be lower than your bumper and look kind of goofy. Most guys have had to have brackets made(or made them) to lift their's. Do a search on Brush guards and you should find one or two people that lifted their's... Good luck...

Back