• Register Today It's free!

Is there a way???

BAYDOG

Reaction score
City, State
Phelps NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
I have a Ex 95 Sport, with a Factory Cassett, very nice unit for my needs. But I would really like to use my portable cd player with the cassett adapter. It will not work!! All it does is flip over twice, and spit the cassett out. I think it has something to do with auto seek feature?? Not sure. Is there an adapter out there that would work?? I know your al saying, " just buy a CD Changer". I don't have that kinda money right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look in the owner's manual, I think there's a way to turn the autoseek feature off.

Nothing Scares Me More Then To See ,Two Women, Two Cars, And A Set Of Jumper Cables!!

hmmm.................in the right situation.............not so scary!

Robb:smoke:

PWI

Oh.. its in his sig up there /\ .. but if the women were hot twins, and the cars were exotic, and the jumper cables were... edible?

They are ultra rare, but there is a car kit for Walkmand and Discmans that plugs into your cigarette lighter, and it plays the sound through an unused radio frequency.

There is no "tape" part to go into the dash, they can be used with just a plain AM/FM radio....

They do exist, I have one from a while ago. They are cheap too, if you can find one.

The "Auto Seek" feature is not what is causing your radio to eject the tape adapter for your portable CD. The radio's tape mechanism has an "auto-tighten" routine in it's software, which is designed to take up the slack in a cassette tape (to help prevent breaking tapes).

On some early models, particularly 1995 and 1996, the radio's tape routine mistakes your adapter for a broken tape, and spits it out. Certain brands of adapters are less likely to do this, and later model Ford radios are less susceptable to do it, too. Unfortunately, testing has not revealed a certain model of adapter that will always work in these radios.

Regards,

Jeff

cobrajeff is right on... look for a casette adapter that has both spindles connected, so that when you spin one, the other spins. Otherwise, the deck thinks the tape is over and tries to flip to the other side.

Thanks guys...

Radio Shack sells some lil thing that will turn the sound into a FM Signal so it plays through your radio. Its a little pricey though! I think around $100.

I used to have to do that in my '95. I'd just push it back it while it was trying to spit it out and it would work.

No you perverts, I meant the tape and the tape player. :rolleyes:

Crankcase and IAmTodd were right on. Radioshack had the converter that goes through FM Signal for thirty Bucks.!!! I'm all set now. Thanks guys.

30 bucks?!?!?!?! wow, i might have to pick me up one of those!

jwild4x4 said:
cobrajeff is right on... look for a casette adapter that has both spindles connected, so that when you spin one, the other spins. Otherwise, the deck thinks the tape is over and tries to flip to the other side.

I have one of these adapters and it did not work either. There hs got to be a solution. Should the tape adapter be tighter or looser to beat the auto tight system?

Thanks!

Back