Is this a good deal? 31's with rims.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this a good deal? 31's with rims....

I have to make a quick decision. The sale ends on Sunday night.
Here is the site that is selling them ------> clickity here
I'm looking at the Pro Comp 31's with xtreme rims. I've got stock rims/tires right now on my 2000 X and I think this would be a good first step in upgrading tires/wheels.

What do you all think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, not bad.
I know a couple guys with the Pro Comp AT's and they say they are great!
I like dealing with 4WP.

Thanks for the feeback rino, nice X by the way!
Anyone else have any experience with these tires/rims?

The rims are nice. I had a set a while back. Hard to keep clean though. The only backspace I could get with those rims in an 8" rim for an explorer bolt pattern was 3.25" which was too much and pushed the tires and wheels too far out. If you don't have much lift then you won't want that. It will look funny. I had 2" of lift with those wheels and 32's and I had a LOTof rubbing because of that backspace. Just somthing to think about.

Thanks for the compliments Jim!
:chug:

Thanks joey, you know I had completely brain-farted the whole backspacing issue. Now you got me thinking. My stock BS is like 4.5 so with the 3.25 new BS I'b be sticking out an extra 1.25 inches. Now I'm not sure about how that, plus the wider rims (8") will fit. It looks like I'd be pushing 2 inches or so farther out than I am right now. I have no lift at all right now so I am really worried now that they may not fit at all. Damn, why couldn't these rims come in 3.75 like everyone else.!
Is that why you sold your rims joey? cuz they rubbed a lot?

Naw. I added a body lift so they wouldn't rub. :rolleyes: I sold them to get black rockcrawlers. I got 3.75 BS though on the rockcrawlers. You may want to check with 4WP on those rims(The extreme alloys) to see if they offer any different BS. I got the xtreme alloys when they first came out and 3.25 is all they offered. They may have changed that. All I know is, you don't want that BS. It will look really funny I think.

Is it cuz they stuck out so far that you thought they looked funny? I have the factory flares on my X so I think that the wheels would probably not stick out too much farther than the flares but rubbing is now my concern.

Back