• Register Today It's free!

It's nice to have friends.

expl0der8

Reaction score
City, State
Rockford, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
Ok, I have stumbled upon the deal of a century. My buddy is selling me his Xtant 300 watt mono block amp for $125, he paid $300 last summer. He's also thinking of trading me his Alpine R12 dual 4 ohm for my JL 10w0 4ohm + $25 or $50.

My question for the stereo gods is, is there a website that i can do some investigating into fiberglassing. What my plan is, i'm going to take out my stealh box tha holds my 10, and buld a box out of MDF and fiberglass so i can fit a 1 cubic foot ported box for the 12 and fit it in the same exact place.

I'm not new to the stereo scene, just never messed with fiberglass. All my past sub boxes were all MDF since they were in a coupe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

www.caraudioresources.net

cruise around in there and im sure you'llm find what you're looking for. although i have one thng to say here, i dont think that 1 cu. ft. box will work ported, the type r 12 is like my rf punch hx2 12, it needs like 2 cu.ft. ported.
just thought i would let you know, unlewss there is something i miised here.....

keep bangin'

z+

Originally posted by zedsdead
www.caraudioresources.net

cruise around in there and im sure you'llm find what you're looking for. although i have one thng to say here, i dont think that 1 cu. ft. box will work ported, the type r 12 is like my rf punch hx2 12, it needs like 2 cu.ft. ported.
just thought i would let you know, unlewss there is something i miised here.....

keep bangin'

z+

It all depends on where you look as to what they say for box size. What i usually hear is 0.75 - 1.75, but a 1 cubic foot ported box i think would work the best. Maybe add some fiberfill and see what it does.

VairKing-
That is a great link with tons of helpful info. But one part had me laughing...
Mixing Sticks
Just like the paint jobs on Monster Garage, these are freebies.

vairking, nice site.....very informative....

and abou the sub box size, http://www.alpine-usa.com/html/D2_n_1_n_n.html , here it says that that size is for a sealed box, on the bottom of the first page.
just dont want you to hurt your subs......

Back