Jade Pearl Update/Build Log | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jade Pearl Update/Build Log

Human one looks fine. Dragon skull reminds me of a goat or deer, LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Human one looks fine. Dragon skull reminds me of a goat or deer, LOL
Who said theres a problem with that?? That's fair though, as I told my dad, I like the dragon one, its iconic and memorable for me, but that human skull...theres just something about it, been on both trucks so long, dont think I can see it move again lol

Who said theres a problem with that?? That's fair though, as I told my dad, I like the dragon one, its iconic and memorable for me, but that human skull...theres just something about it, been on both trucks so long, dont think I can see it move again lol
What can I say? Haven't seen an actual dragon, yet! Could be!

What can I say? Haven't seen an actual dragon, yet! Could be!
This is where it's based from, as a background note lol
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. First being the actual game model, then the skull of said model, then a model of the skull, compared to mine. Also the same game that I got the translated truck name from lol
Any less of a goat or deer now? lol

https___winteriscoming.net_files_2018_11_Skyrim-dragon-.jpg

d4i9i16-72dcf9bc-f4df-497c-ab41-30a013f40829.jpg

GRID-1_2d20776d-40ac-4578-bae0-0142275dd153_560x840.jpg

20230227_163356.jpg

Trying a different mounting choice, aka gluing the top housings in. So they look a bit odd due to some electrical tape holding them in place while the glue dries, but it's all good and done! Four corners! I've also got the rest of the suspension, new brake rotors and pads, all on the way! May go ahead with some plugs and wires not far behind

20230412_193224.jpg

20230412_193513.jpg

20230412_193522.jpg

20230412_200008(0).jpg

20230412_200016.jpg

Better picture example of 'em now dried in without the plastic wrap on 'em. Came out quite nicely, it is odd that the passenger side one sits a lil' funny yet I cut more out on that side, but it's close enough that ya wont notice less ya right on top of it. But finally one more project all good and done

20230413_095615.jpg

20230413_095608.jpg

This is where it's based from, as a background note lol
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. First being the actual game model, then the skull of said model, then a model of the skull, compared to mine. Also the same game that I got the translated truck name from lol
Any less of a goat or deer now? lol

View attachment 440840

View attachment 440841

View attachment 440842

View attachment 440843
Pretty good match! Rather cool from the pics here. Meantime, I'm looking for a Velociraptor for my dashboard. And maybe a tiny one for my antenna LOL

Pretty good match! Rather cool from the pics here. Meantime, I'm looking for a Velociraptor for my dashboard. And maybe a tiny one for my antenna LOL
Walmart and target, usually got plenty of them!

Light brackets are done! I still got to clean the stickers off cause of course they fell apart rather than just pulling right off and repainting the exposed holes. But they're about ready, just need to decide on what lights and get 'em when I can afford it.

20230417_163010.jpg

20230417_185147.jpg

20230417_201311.jpg

20230417_201302.jpg

And finally! Finally got the project done! Been a work in progress behind the scenes for ages! But its finally rigged up properly, I'm hoping most of y'all understand the reference!

20230419_201715_1.gif

20230419_114925_1.gif

It looks like it's loading up windows vista lol

It looks like it's loading up windows vista lol
I can see that, been ages since I messed with a vista! lol

But not the intended purpose/reference! For those who dont, its aimed towards Knight Rider instead, grew up watching it and was always one of my favorite shows, so I figured, why not make my own? lol

And finally! Finally got the project done! Been a work in progress behind the scenes for ages! But its finally rigged up properly, I'm hoping most of y'all understand the reference!

View attachment 441301

View attachment 441302
Looks cool! the green light bouncing, reminds me of playing the first video game, Pong! Or playing Breakout with the little white lights above it. I did see Knight Rider on TV but don't remember a lot of it, it was a Trans Am, right?

Looks cool! the green light bouncing, reminds me of playing the first video game, Pong! Or playing Breakout with the little white lights above it. I did see Knight Rider on TV but don't remember a lot of it, it was a Trans Am, right?
Yep, 82 trans am with a custom front end

DSC_7856A-71732-scaled.jpg

Well the Blazer 6" bar under the rear bumper finally gave out yesterday, had water in the thing for over a year, surprised it lasted this long. But I nabbed another roadshock 6" bar like the drivers side and threw it on real fast, they're a bit brighter than the blazer lights were anyway, and seem to be better quality as usual.

On another note, all of the suspension and brake parts are all in finally. Now I just need to save for the tires and wheels, see if I can get some install quotes or if I'm going to end up doing it myself as well.

20230423_130148.jpg

Got something fun done, had an ol' blue led strip from the X that never got thrown on the hatch, so now I got bed lights! The phone overexposed it, I'll rig a dimmer for them later too, but that was the fastest project I've ever done lol

20230502_124522.jpg

20230502_124432.jpg

20230503_203408.jpg

20230503_203351.jpg

Finally! Got seriously lucky on this, guy wanted an oem bumper, so we traded and I've got a winch bumper! Definitely need to clean it up, especially the winch tray, rust is becoming its middle name, but I'll get to it, just glad to finally have one, especially for practically free. I'd say it was a good gift for Jade, since this same day last year is when I drove her home! The KITT light may or may not stay in the grille, this grill guard ain't as wide as my other one so it doesnt fit there, we'll see

20230515_193241.jpg

20230515_193246.jpg

20230515_202045.jpg

20230515_202109(0).jpg

Rust wheel and some new paint, didnt do it perfectly, was running out of paint and just doing it to buy time from getting more rusty mostly since I had the stuff to do it on hand. But it's a bit nicer looking now and the lights are officially all in and working again, debating on throwing the winch in yet or not, leave to go camping maybe Wednesday, may wait till Thursday, we'll see.

20230521_180201.jpg

Needed to make some room in the shed, so I went ahead and threw the winch on, was a bit of a moron doing so but I wont get into that blonde moment. Nothings hooked/wired up, not sure when it will be, may starting looking into it tomorrow. This thing also came with the teeniest and flimsiest cotter pin for the hook, so I've got to see about swapping it for a bolt and nut or just a stronger cotter pin. The bag will be staying over it till I finally decide to hook everything up, especially since I dont have an actual cover yet lol

Cash flow is about to be steady again, plus my side gig kicks up over the summer, so between both jobs I'll finally have some decent play funds again, meaning more upgrades finally! The main project is still the tires and wheels, which to this moment I still ain't decided what I'm going to run. I did finally throw in the second battery tray, also dug out my spare set of blinkers that I had before my wreck and got those working. Hopefully by the end of the month things will pick up more again, hell of a lot planned between this rig and Deathrow's Revival

20230602_112127.jpg

20230602_112139.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Needed to make some room in the shed, so I went ahead and threw the winch on, was a bit of a moron doing so but I wont get into that blonde moment. Nothings hooked/wired up, not sure when it will be, may starting looking into it tomorrow. This thing also came with the teeniest and flimsiest cotter pin for the hook, so I've got to see about swapping it for a bolt and nut or just a stronger cotter pin. The bag will be staying over it till I finally decide to hook everything up, especially since I dont have an actual cover yet lol

Cash flow is about to be steady again, plus my side gig kicks up over the summer, so between both jobs I'll finally have some decent play funds again, meaning more upgrades finally! The main project is still the tires and wheels, which to this moment I still ain't decided what I'm going to run. I did finally throw in the second battery tray, also dug out my spare set of blinkers that I had before my wreck and got those working. Hopefully by the end of the month things will pick up more again, hell of a lot planned between this rig and Deathrow's Revival

View attachment 442291

View attachment 442292
Great pics, ant the skull shows up nicely! Do you ever worry about snagging that chain on an obstacle? Also looking forward to Deathrow's resurrection!

Back