JBL/Luxury Audio Amp/Radio Receiver | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JBL/Luxury Audio Amp/Radio Receiver

BabyNapes

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mercury Mountaineer
Hi. I just bought a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 AWD with the JBL Luxury Audio System (CD changer in console). I bought it with the radio not working. After talking to several people who have worked on cars for years, it sounded like radio was bad. I ordered a new one on ebay (Head Unit) only to find it still doesn't work. The audio guy I talked to said that the radio tuner is actually in the back, part of the amplifier. Apparently my radio(s) are good but I need a new amplifier. Does anyone have a the part number for the JBL Luxury Amp/Receiver for my SUV? I have looked all over the forums and the internet. I have searched all over and cannot find it and I hate to deconstruct my rear panel to get the number and then leave it off until I get the new unit in.

My radio part number is F67F-18C852-BA.

I found one "JBL audio system 4 channel power amp" with part number F87F-18C851-AA. Will this work with my system? It says it will but I've been burnt on parts before.

Thanks guys.

Back