Jeep Guy Needs 8.8 Axle Help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jeep Guy Needs 8.8 Axle Help

Look, twins!

Went back and picked up a second 8.8 for the XJ too. No reason why both Jeeps can't be a little stronger in the rearend department.

484231_101_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The swap is complete. The wife's TJ now sports a beefier 8.8 under it. Thanks to all that offer help and info. If anyone is interested in seeing pics of the swap project, you can visit her CarDomain site link below. Lots of cutting/grinding and welding, but the conversion went smooth. The offset diff of the 8.8 created some driveline vibes, which we cured with a SYE and CV Driveshaft. Now, to find a locker and R&P, so we can get her back on the trail.

484231_112_full.jpg

Melissa's TJ F8.8 Install

Thats awesome glad to hear everything went smooth!

And you jeep guy's are alright too. I have a HPD30 under the front of my explorer!

Yomie said:
Thats awesome glad to hear everything went smooth!

And you jeep guy's are alright too. I have a HPD30 under the front of my explorer!

Sweet! Got any pics of the install?

Yomie said:
I've actually changed a few things, thoes pictures are about 1.5 years old. I'll try to update some of the pics this week.

Sweet Exploder you have there Yomie! It's always good to see things being modded different from everyone else. I think they all should have come with a SA in the front. Isn't it so much better now? I'll have to watch for the new pics. Did you guys make it through the latest crappy weather down there okay? .

SilverstoneXJ said:
Sweet Exploder you have there Yomie! It's always good to see things being modded different from everyone else. I think they all should have come with a SA in the front. Isn't it so much better now? I'll have to watch for the new pics. Did you guys make it through the latest crappy weather down there okay? .

The ride is much better now, and so is the flex. I'm going to keep the D30 in it untill i am ready for a D60.

As far as the weather :( I had to move just north of Atlanta, GA, I was one that was left with almost nothing. I still have the Explorer, so its off to a new start up here in Ga.

Update:

Been driving around town for weeks with just the rear driveshaft in (front still has 3.07s). Next week, the new 4.10s and alloy shafts go in, along with the Eaton Electrac locker for the rear. Hopefully the wife won't genade this one!

You'll love the eaton. I've got that in my 8.8 - but with 4.88 gears.

Good thing I can turn it off though. Locked on snow is weird as I found out yesterday..... oops.

Back