• Register Today It's free!

JerryB2

JerryB2

Reaction score
City, State
Lubbock,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco2
Hello fellow Ford people.I am an old retired Ford tech.I have owned several old Broncos (66-77) two large Broncos,(1984 & 1989) three F250 ,and my latest purchase is a 1986 Bronco2. I have yet to start doing any thing to the B2 yet.The body is straight some surface rust.the interior is Eddie Bauer in fair condition.the engine is bad so I do not know much about the rest of the mechanical.I plan to do a engine swap,Explorer style,Eather 4.0 or 5.0.Right now I am just putting ideas and imformation togethetr and looking for a donor.Befor retiring ,about five years ago, I did electronic engine controls Electrical,and air conditing work in a big Ford dealership.I do not think the wiring and electrical part of the swap will be a big problem. I will probably be asking a lot of questions about the rest of the swap.

Welcome! You've come to the right place! I would suggest doing a 5.0 swap, about the same mpg but the 5.0 has so much more "pep" if you will. Anyways, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Rayansx.I originally was set on the Explorer 5.0 and trany bur I have been thinking of a 4.0 sohc with 5 speed auto and 4x4. I have some time .Got a couple of projects to finish first.

Back
Top Bottom