Newcomer - 1985 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newcomer - 1985 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

LongRanger52

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, Wa, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Ford Ranger 4x4
Hi, I'm the New Guy. I got a 1985 Ford Ranger 4x4 in 1989, figured I'd keep it for 5 years and swap/sell it and later got a 1989 Ford 150 4x4. As it turned out, I got rid of the 89 150 and still have the 85 Ranger. Of course, it has issues, and now being retired and having to do a lot of the work myself, I find how much damage was done by the guys I paid to do the work for me before. I won't mention any commercial names; they've already lost my business, and the others can learn for themselves. Maybe they will be lucky.

Biggest proglems I have are the font wheel bearings and the cooling system and the carburator system. Boy, those "professionals" sure did a number on me. I can do most of the work myself, but even at that, I find problems that come back. More to come, I'm sure.

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will find everything you might need right here. My dad had an 84 ranger for many years when I was growing up so I must say that I am quite partial to them. Good luck with it!

Back