JMan689's 93 F-150 Lightning | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JMan689's 93 F-150 Lightning

true the intakes you would have to flip it to make it work on the truck. it sucks thats we cant fined the springs to lower the front now to. but i dont really know what all you cant fined my trucks a 96 f150 with the 302 its droped and im about to get a cam intake locked in the rear with some 4.10s

Lightning springs would lower your truck, and there is someone out there who still makes a spring that lowers the Lightnings an inch i think..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice lightning u got there

Well since its finally warm enough out yesterday i finished taking off the headers, and today bolted the whole exhaust up and wow does it sound mean. Ran into a slight problem though.

Well here is the sound clip of the new exhaust (finally)

Next weekend - Oil Change, New gas (3-4 month old gas, o yeah makes the truck run great) and the test drive.

Yawn wow over 5 years since I've updated this.

Well, to drop weight I ended up getting a 3" fiberglass cowl hood, fiberglass front bumper and roll pan.

Painted the rims due to the original paint flaking off badly (now the flakes are taking the black with it)

In the go fast department I have my Bassani exhaust still, a conical K&N, MSD coil and distributor, platinum plugs, new wires (forget the make maybe MSD), underdrive pulleys, deleted the air/smog pump. Still have a MSD ignition box and A/C delete kit (not sure if I want to do this anymore) still laying around.

Also got some custom made lowering springs to drop the front end 1.5" as well as compensate for the weight reduction and a tad bit softer for better weight transfer. Still have traction bars and lowering shackles to go on (couldn't get the shackle bolts out last year, gotta bring out the blue wrench this year for it).

Annnnd finally pics

All my suspension goodies laid out, we had planned on doing it all, those rusty bolts stopped that idea.

IMG_1418_zps5b112fd9.jpg

No this is not my garage, it's my friend's shop (one with the ACRX) You can see the Trailblazer SS sitting outside and the CTS-V's backend

IMG_1420_zpsded87b96.jpg

Front end dropped

IMG_1421-1_zps128f7527.jpg

And finally the Lightning and my SVT Contour )when I still had it

IMG_1637_zpsf8430f41.jpg

Oh, and it has a new windshield. The first cowl hood ripped through the latch at about 70-75mph and smashed my windshield. That was fun.

Back