Jonlax goes ELITE!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jonlax goes ELITE!!!

Well, I finally got some money together and put it towards the site. I will first start off about me.

My name is Jon. I am 18 and will start at ATC (automotive training center) for their BMW STEP program. The school is in eastern PA and I will be going to bucks county community college on the side. I am a very mechanical person and Love cars and trucks. This explorer is my 4th truck/car. I have owned everything from domestic to imports and from cars to trucks. Well, enough of that and now about my truck.

My explorer is a 99 sport. It is a VERY sexy blue. It is the 4WD model so that is a PLUS with me. I bought her during Christmas break for a cool 5G's that I have been saving up for a long time. It is VERY stock but once I start to go to school I will start upgrading. Here is a list of mods.

What I have now:
TT 2"
Shackles and 4-door leafs
Synthetic fluid all over (royal purple)
31" Yokohama geolanders/ 31" wranglers
PIAA fogs
Rear limited slip (SUCKS!)

What I want:
custom front bumper
custom rear bumper
2 inch body lift
Skid plates
Rock sliders

I plan on doing some work in the beginning of the summer. I should have the bumpers done in about a week. I am also thinking about making some Jeep like doors for it with canvas that covers it. I am pretty much making my truck an Urban assault vehicle. The reason is for all the dents and bruises that happened on all my other cars that I spent a lot of time and money on. I will get pay back by people getting dents and bruises from hitting me and there is nothing like watching someone open their door on some rock sliders and getting a HUGE dent on their car.

Pictures
vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

Last one is a little blurry but it is of the last big snow storm and i got stuck pulling a quader off of a baseball field that was like a quick sand pit. I pulled him out but got stuck on a pile of snow that was 5 feet high. The tow truck could not pull me out so i ended up shoveling my self out which took 30 minutes. Oh and Yes that is my Explorer smoking them big time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pictures aren't working. I have read up a lot on the BMW STEP program - you must of graduated at the top of your class (or atleast have a decent GPA). So are they paying for your school like they're suppose to? Are you doing Step I or Step II or both? Good luck on it - I'm sure it'll be very fascinating! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Yes i am in the top 10 in my class. I am starting this summer (the 9th of july) and really can not wait. All i can say is mo' money. I will have to look into the picture problem but it is very late now so it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Congratulations on becoming ELITE... :thumbsup: :D

Congrats on joining the site. Money well spent.

I just checked the links on your "photos" and you have to link to the "jpg" itself. Your links don't.

Cheers.

congrats on becoming elite.

I went ahead and fixed the picture problem! hope you don't mind.

-Drew

I do not mind at all. Thanks alot what did you do to it? I need to know how to do this for the many pictures i want to put on here.

Thanks, Jon

well if your just attaching them go the bottom of where you type of replys and there's a button that says "manage attachments" which will allow you to upload pictures (with a few limitations). Another way to upload pictures is to just go to PHOTO GALLERY in the little "surf bar" that stays up top all the time, and you can upload your photos there and then just put them in your post. OR when you click on the little image insert in the reply area, you put the full address of the photo. Say you are putting a picture from cardomain on it...well click on the cardomain picture to make it as big as possible...then right click and select PROPERTIES. You will see a web address in there of the photo. Copy and paste that into the image insert and it'll be in your post. Sounds a little complicated, but you'll get the hang of it :thumbsup:

Back