Jonlax's renewed elite status | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jonlax's renewed elite status

So i just renewed my elite status so i am updating everything.

Enjoy!

Well to start out my name is Jon and i am from bucks county PA. I currently live in grafenwoer germany and am part of 3/66 armor. I am currently serving in the US army as a 63AH8 which is an abrams sysyem maintainer with H8 which is recovery opertations. My job is to fix and maintain the M1A1/A2 abrams main battle tank which includes a state of the art electrical system along with a 1500 HP turbine engine. I also maintain a M88A1 which is used for recovery opertations. I have been doing recovery operations since i came to my first unit. I am an iraqi war vet and will be going back soon for a second tour.

Now on to my truck. I originally owned a 1999 explorer sport that was a really nice truck. I came to this site to find out more info on it and further upgrade it. I did not get far till i joined the army and i could only own one vehicle so i got rid of my sport and kept my RX-7 which i still have to this day. After my first deployment i could not stand not having an explorer so i came home and purchaced a 2001 explorer sport which is my main vehicle. As of right now she is stock but i have a few parts in my garage waiting for my return home. As of right now this is what i have.

AAL
Shackles
New bolts for the TT
Cobra CB that i kept from my last X
255/75/16 tires from my last sport
Tow hook for the rear

All i want is something to have some fun with while i am home plus it gets used in the winter by my girlfriend for the bad weater we usually get. The only other things i plan on doing is full change of fluids when i get home along with a nice compound buffing to get it nice and shiny. I am still waiting for pictures which should come in about a week so when i get them i will post some up.

My email address is gtrider6@aol.com if anyone wants to reach me.

Jon

Congratulations and good luck with everything. Let us know when you get back to the states and maybe we can get you and get the explorer dirty.
:salute:

Dan

Congratulations and good luck with everything. Let us know when you get back to the states and maybe we can get you and get the explorer dirty.
:salute:

Dan

Dan thats what the plan is but still need to have time with my girlfriend and since she works all week i need the weekends usually. Next week i find out exactly in june when i come home. I will let all you guys in DJOR know whats up and maybe we can set something up.

Jon

Back