• Register Today It's free!

jumper for a/c blower switch

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd
i got a new a/c switch since my blower only ran high. it fixed the blower, but now my a/c won't turn on (even though the switch description said "with a/c"). with the old, broken switch, the a/c would turn on, just only high blower speed.

rockauto said they would replace it, but i threw the old one away (not knowing it didn't engage the a/c). so i wanted to jump the switch connector so i could return the switch itself. anyone know what pins i should jump, to have blower when started? or is there another way?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well according to the shcematic there are two purple wires that are the ac and the white/lite blue is the power wire. If you jump these your ac will kick on but you won't have fan control.

Your sure your problem was the switch & not the blower motor resistor? That's usually the cause of only 1 or 2 fan speeds working.

Jason94sport: i replaced the resistor first. but the new switch is changing speeds, but not turning on a/c.

racer_x_one: thanks for the schematic. i wanted to turn on the blower... the a/c can wait til summer. so the blower needs power, so i know those colors. maybe by process of elimination i can find the pin of the blower.

racer_x_one: thanks for the schematic. i wanted to turn on the blower... the a/c can wait til summer. so the blower needs power, so i know those colors. maybe by process of elimination i can find the pin of the blower.

Low=red/organge, med=yellow/red, med high=light green/white, high=orange/black.

Thank you !! oh shoot, meant to ask if i jump it, will it turn off with the car?

Thank you !! oh shoot, meant to ask if i jump it, will it turn off with the car?

The ignition cuts all power so it shouldn't behave any different than if the switch was in there.

i jumped the offset black wire to the high blower wire. i couldn't make my a/c engage at all, but at least i have blower power. i did blow the a/c fuse under the dash, it was a 10 amp replacement. tried to put a little r134 in (the pressure was 0), but still no a/c clutch turning. it's weird cause before i replaced this switch, the broken switch still allowed the a/c to engage.

Back