Just an after - 96 V8 EB | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just an after - 96 V8 EB

I dont have any befores... but here are some afters. 96 AWD EB ... torsion twist/shackle/add-a-leaf, 2" PA Body lift, 33X12.5X15 BFG M/Ts

-Kevin

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Funny how a picture makes it look smaller than it does in person.

I'll have to park it next to a stocker one of these days and get a comparison shot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you have to change you shocks out after the tt and the rear shackles?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any more pics??

Sorry about your body lift, :p I woulnd't want to be in your possition...:frustrate Anyway, I have a 99 sport with 2" body lift and TT, I want to get my 33's maybe for Xmast,:bounce: so, do you have any more pics of your X with those 33's and the body lift on?? maybe a flex shot, or offroading pics, I would really want to take a look of that,:cool: some people around here says that 33's wouldn't fit a 2" body lifted explorer with TT and shakles:fire: , I just want to be sure..!!

Thanks in advance...

Hey Codewiz, i got the Body lift on last weekend, everything went smooth! i got the rear bumper up like you told me and it is perfect! i see what you meant about bending and twisting the front bumper brackets. and on the steering shaft, my boot didn't have a clam on there to begin with it has been opened up, i guess since i have had the truck, oh well, but yeah i have Codewiz's BL now and i have my 31's on there and it looks like 33's would be able to fit on there. I should have pics soon with the 2"bl on, and Codewiz i have a pic request also, if you get a chance could you take a pic of how much the tire bulges on the 7" wide rim?

thanks

Awesome rig codewiz. How is the milegage with the 33's. Notice any power drain with the bigger tires?

wow, looks good man

Yomie -
Cool, glad to hear it went on OK. In the pics at the top of this post, those are the 33s. They bulge a little, but I think it looks good. Only problem is rubbing on the sway bar - those big lugs that stick out of the M/Ts. A street tread might not be so bad.

Monty'01-
Mileage hasn't changed much. At first, I noticed a power drain big-time, but I dont really notice it anymore. Not that it isn't there, but it didn't lose so much as to effect it too badly. The 5.0 has a good deal of power - enough to handle the 33s.

Please...

Sorry if I'm being anoying, but what about the pics?? you don't have any more??:banghead:

Oso-

No, I don't have any more pics of 33s w/ 2" BL because i took the BL off. I only have TT/Shackles. There is more then enough room (on my truck) for 33s w/ a 2"BL, TT, and shackles.

-Kevin

Thanks anyway, I really aprecciate your quickly response, I think my X will have plenty of space too...Dead Link Removed
Thanks...:bounce:

Looks damn good, I'm jealous.

has anyone ever taken their running boards off of an EB to see what is would look like with just the fender flares? just a thought, but since i dont have an EB then i cant see for myself. oh and BTW nice truck. i like the rim/tire combo. looks good.

Back