• Register Today It's free!

Just bought an 04 EB

FrankAniMal

Reaction score
City, State
kansas City, Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer
Hello All, I just bought an 04 EB from a dodge dealership with 85k miles. They said they ran it thru their shop and the only thing they had to do was replace the battery. I got them to agree to change the serpentine belt since it had some minor cracking in it. Should I still have them do that and is there anything else I should look out for, or do, as far as maintenance is concerned? I really like this car especially compared to the Tribute I had before it. I want to keep it for at least 3 years and will put about 50k more miles on it in that time. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rear diff whinning, and transmission.

I bought my 05 this past Nov. For the small price of $1,400 I let them sell me a bumber to bumper warranty for three years. If your dealer sells them, that may be a great way to go. The insurance will pay for itself if the transmission dies.

How many miles were on your 05? the best I can find is about 2k for a 3 year warranty.

Came out pretty good on mine. Had 36k on it when I bought it in Nov. Has just over 39k now.
That trans. is almost $2k to rebuild. A trans. service would be a pretty good idea, they cost right at $100 and would tell ya if there is any material in the pan thats out of the ordinary.

Came out pretty good on mine. Had 36k on it when I bought it in Nov. Has just over 39k now.:D

Back