Just got 2014 Sport and Livernois tune, what else? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got 2014 Sport and Livernois tune, what else?

kraMFord

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport
Hello -

I just picked up a 2014 Sport for the wife's DD a couple weeks ago and today ordered a Livernois 91 tune, 3 bar map and thermostat to get some additional HP/TQ.

Anyone done this same combination then added just the downpipe?
I'm interested in butt dyno difference, however real would be better.
Also, any additional undesirable noise/resonance that may be unwanted?

Any other performance upgrades that should be"next"?

Thanks -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@jonnoriega should have some helpful info for you.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There are already several threads on mods in this sub forum. You can use the Forum's 'Search' feature in the upper right to find them. It would save repeating what has already been discussed and you may find more than you would in replies here. Here are just a few I found;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-member-interested-in-mods.391678/
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/having-so-much-trouble-finding-mods.423208/
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...is-tune-experience.428216/page-6#post-3624218

Peter

Hello -

I just picked up a 2014 Sport for the wife's DD a couple weeks ago and today ordered a Livernois 91 tune, 3 bar map and thermostat to get some additional HP/TQ.

Anyone done this same combination then added just the downpipe?
I'm interested in butt dyno difference, however real would be better.
Also, any additional undesirable noise/resonance that may be unwanted?

Any other performance upgrades that should be"next"?

Thanks -

I have the same set up on my '16 Platinum and added the catless downpipes. I hope the video I attached helps.

I've since added a Borla S-Type cat-exhaust but recalling that there was a slight improvement in the performance of the car when "punching the pedal".

I still have yet to Dyno the car (can't find a reasonable AWD place around Chicago) and take the car out to the track.

@ken60631 uaed to have the same set up as I copied his and he ran a quarter mile in 13.39 seconds?

Thanks for the links and direction guys, looking forward to installing the tune early next week.
Some other sites are actually easier to search with Google too, I'm sure most have figured this out already.
Don't worry, I'll use the search and won't post any oil threads, haha - M

Thanks for the links and direction guys, looking forward to installing the tune early next week.
Some other sites are actually easier to search with Google too, I'm sure most have figured this out already.
Don't worry, I'll use the search and won't post any oil threads, haha - M
Thank you for taking out the Elite membership.:thumbsup:

Peter

You bet, the value you provide is worth every penny!

You bet, the value you provide is worth every penny!
I remember being told something about how having an Elite membership would save me at least the cost of the membership fee. I don't know about that. Since I've joined, all I seem to do is spend money on my Ex. :help:;)

I remember being told something about how having an Elite membership would save me at least the cost of the membership fee. I don't know about that. Since I've joined, all I seem to do is spend money on my Ex. :help:;)

Cheaper to keeper.

Figured I'd update that the Livernois tune is great, my wife said she noticed the extra oomph, thanks guys!
I've driven it a few times since and it feels great but I'm a bit jaded by other cars I drive regularly.
Did fresh plugs and the MAP a couple weeks ago, need to get back in and do the thermostat.
It was great to do plugs that were this easy for a change!

Since I don't drive it much, and plan to tow a little bit, I'll probably leave the rest stock.

Back