Just joined the 200,000 mile club! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just joined the 200,000 mile club!

1996EB

2007 Sport Trac V8 Limited
Reaction score
City, State
Windsor, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 ST Limited 4.6L 4x4
And it still purrs like a kitten. 2003 Limited 4.6L V8.
200K.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations man! Hey what secrets to get it to 200? Did you have any major engine work or transmission work done?

Congratulations man! Hey what secrets to get it to 200? Did you have any major engine work or transmission work done?

Thanks! I've driven it for about half that mileage. I've done nothing to the engine, except spark plugs and regular full synthetic oil changes. Regarding the transmission, over the last 4 years I've had work done on it. I didn't let it fail at any point, but I wasn't happy with how it was performing. I had the torque converter rattle, so I upgraded to a Sonax torque converter. I also have a local shop in Dearborn MI that specializes in Ford vehicles and particularly the 4.6L. They connect directly to Ford and load all the updated factory flashes to the PCM and TCM. I am now extremely happy with how both the transmission and engine are performing. I do have a CAI on it and a Flowmaster Super 44, so it breathes really well and sounds great!

...and regular trans fluid and filter changes.

Awesome. My 02 is at 268,000 and I'm shooting for at least 300K.

Back