K+N aircharger kit

Wolf Moll

Reaction score
City, State
Hilton Kwazulu Natal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ranger XLT4.0 V6
Hi everyone.

I have a 2008 Ranger 4.0 V6 and want to install a K+N aircharger kit. BUT I see on the installation instructions that this kit was not designed to fit a vehicle with body lift. Can anybody answer why, or has someone had some experience with this kit?
Any help would be appreciated as K+N cannot tell me why it would be a problem. Surely if you lift the body the engine gets lifted as well?
Regards
Wolf

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No sir. Motor is bolted to the frame and the body is lifted off the frame. So the motor and body create a gap. I would try the kit and make it fit if it were me.

K+n

Thanks Scott. I think I will try and make it fit.

a body lift and suspintion lift are 2 different things one only lifts the body(hens body lift)the other lifts the whole truck(suspention lift) but the intake should still fit

K+n

When I bought the truck (Ford South Africa)it was sold as a "hi rider" so I am not sure how they achieved the lift. Looking at it, it seems they raised the suspension. Anyway thanks for the comments.

post a pic i'll see if i can tell which one it is

Back