k&n cai now at autozone for the 4.0? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

k&n cai now at autozone for the 4.0?

armysoldier30263

Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look at the current vehicle tab up top

look at the current vehicle tab up top

It only shows that vehicle if its the one specifically searched on your computer. I read though the application list at the bottom and it only lists VWAG vehicles. Besides, there is no bung for the MAF and I can tell by looking at it that it would hit the coolant bottle.

sorry to burst your bubble. Just trying to make sure you don't waste $350.

I have been looking at an option though. I know you can buy K&N parts individually if you call. If you get the whole kit from them minus the filter, and MAF adapter from and 02-03 then get the spectre MAF adapter and a cone with a 3 inch ID fitting to hook up to it you may be able to build one yourself and still take advantage of the tube.

Not sure how that would work. If I had $300 to find out I would. But my $300 is gunna buy me a used 29er bike this week. oh well...

I don't think that is a full cai, it simply replaces the airbox with an elbow and a filter. K&Ns site says it fits many SUVs, so that's my guess.

i dont know i searched 2005 explorer 4.0 flex and i put in intake in the search bar and it came up so according to autozone (and should be k&n) it will fit. if it doesnt autozone should take it back.

Back