K & N cold air intake & Maganflow exhaust | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K & N cold air intake & Maganflow exhaust

crazy Z

Reaction score
City, State
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer V8
First off, great site.

If I put a cold air intake and a magnaflow exhaust on my 2007 Eddie Bauer, am I at risk of voiding my warranty??

If I have these two mods on and drive sensibly, I am also assuming that my mileage will increase overall.

I just bought it. It only has 20,000 miles, plus it is certified to 100,000 miles. I would hate to have an issue in the future?

FORD rules!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know how they work on these vehicles, but for others I've owned don't expect a great mileage increase, slight at best. Mods like that should only void the warranty if the part itself caused the problem. I never had an issue from an intake or exhaust but you never know for sure.

I went from 12.8 city to 14.1mpg average with a KKM and Gibson exhaust. I've got the 7/75K mile warranty. I've always removed any mods when I take the truck in the past (except for the exhaust). The Ford dealers up here are alittle **** when it comes to warranty repairs and mods.

I called the dealer where I bought mine last night. The person who addressed warranty concerns was gone. She will be calling me today.

I am pretty confident that they are going to tell me that installing a BOLT-ON Magnaflow exhaust will void my warranty. If so, I will be asking for a phone number or email address to contact Ford directly.

i have an 03' xls that i bough a month n a half ago... LOVE IT !!!... , but on subject - before i signed the papers to buy it, i asked the SALES SUPERVISOR if i installed an intake and exhaust for MPG purposes... would it void my warranty ???? she sad no it would not... but i guess it depends on where you live...

I had a KKM intake and a Magnaflow exhaust on my 06. Never had a problem with a warranty issue. In fact the service manger would compliment me on the sound.

welcome crazy

When I had my F250, I had a K&N air filter installed and when I took it in for service they said they would void my warranty unless I bought a FoMoCo Air filter. I called K&N and found out that the K&N filters are actually installed in the factory on the SVT Vehicles. He said they have some contract with Ford and the lady in the service dept was full of $hit.

just about anything the says dealership is BS ( buy this or we wont fix it !!! blah blah blah... )

i did call to confirm my warranty with the ( WARRANTY LADY ) at my local dealer... i told her i wanted and intake and and exhaust installed on my truck for the purpose of MPG... she said " it would not void the warranty, when installed for that purpose " also she said " we will not void the warranty on it because most people DO NOT MODIFY their EXPLORERS because there arent performance parts out there for this vehicle that i know of, unlike the trucks we work on "

CLEARLY has no idea about the shananigans that goes on in this website lol !!!!! :D

Danny

Back