• Register Today It's free!

K&N FIPK vs AIRAID

Slush Box

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mazda Protegé LX
Which one would be better for my Sport the K&N FIPK kit or an AIRAID system. I'm looking for the most Horsepower between the 2 of them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take your pick. You won't get big gains with either one, and the difference between the two will be negligible. Get the one that looks the best to you or is cheaper. Of course, people will tell you how they gained 20 bhp with a new air filter. If only it was so easy!

One is not significantly better than the other, or else you'd definately hear about it on this board. If I'm not mistaken, the K&N system is cheaper than the AIRAID system. Go with that!

Johhny Island

I have a 97 Explorer Sport with the 4.0L SOHC and I put a K&N FIPK II in it and the results were very satisfactory. The FIPK II increased throttle response and gave the intake a nice raspy sound. I recently added a Granatelli Motorsport Mass Air Flow sensor with cold air tuning to the intake and that really made a difference. I would recomend the K&N FIPK II to anyone interested in adding 20-24 hp in less that 20 minutes of installation time and less than $250. Go For it.

I have not really noticed a big power increase with my K&N FIPK, just a little better throttle response. Probably the biggest thing you'll notice is the sound.

Back