K&N Intake installation comments ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

K&N Intake installation comments ...

Gianni D

Reaction score
City, State
Quakertown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT V6 (SOLD)
I finally installed my K&N intake today. I don't know why, but I found it somewhat difficult to install. I have installed many intakes before ('04 GTO, BMW's, etc.) and this has been by far the most challenging one because the parts didn't fit as nicely as the other kits.

Anyways I got it done and it seems to run smoother (also cleaned my TB and my MAF). Let's see if it improves my mpg.

G

im sorry but i just did mine last night in teh dark and it was the easiest thing that i did to my truck, everything seemed to go together real easy. although i did mine on a 4.0 95, maybe it differs because of years, but i love it. are you going to do the oil breather filter mod?

I've installed a couple before the one in my Ex too. The instructions weren't completely spot on informative. My setup required an air sensor so the 11/16" hole (kinda big) had to be drilled with a step drill bit. There is a bracket they provided to relocate relay switches that were originally mounted under the stock air box. Relocation wasn't necessary. These problems were minor compared to other installs I've performed. Warning: Stay away from Weapon R (mainly for rice rockets). I helped a friend with this kit and it was horrible. Missing parts, incorrectly fabricated parts and really poor instructions were all part of the fun. Even the retailer had nothing good to say about their products.

I did mine in the dark too. It wasn't too difficult and I'm mechanically retarded to top it off. Took about 90 mins or so. Made a big difference in performance. All I got to do now is fix all the other stuff. lol. ;-)

Back