katrina flood Xplorer... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

katrina flood Xplorer...

braketxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have purchased a katrina flood xplorer and plan to build it into a bracket SUV...for my local drag strip. So far I have both a 351w and a 302 roller motor from a 86 mustang to use, and I am currently having a C-4 automatic being built. This vehicle will be totally stripped of its interior (since it flooded) and I'll be adding a race seat, 1990 Mustang Dash.....into it over the next few months. Any advice or comments please feel free to advise. :D
Ben

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

braketxplorer said:
I have purchased a katrina flood xplorer and plan to build it into a bracket SUV...for my local drag strip. So far I have both a 351w and a 302 roller motor from a 86 mustang to use, and I am currently having a C-4 automatic being built. This vehicle will be totally stripped of its interior (since it flooded) and I'll be adding a race seat, 1990 Mustang Dash.....into it over the next few months. Any advice or comments please feel free to advise. :D
Ben

Your profile says "1992 Explorer" so I assume that's the year you bought??

Did it smell bad from the water? If so, was it hard to get that smell out?

Did you look at the axles for water?

Man, that sounds sweet. I want to see pics. Don't hold out on us. Oh and keep the 351w carbed and put a massive 8-71 blower on it......That would look hot.

braketxplorer said:
This vehicle will be totally stripped of its interior (since it flooded) and I'll be adding a race seat, 1990 Mustang Dash.

That'll give you some crazzy leg room! I have another 94 if you want one of the seats to match. Other than that, if you pull it off, you'll be my hero.

Back