KC Daylighter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC Daylighter

I know theres a lot of posts on this type of stuff but I want to be sure before I buy. I Bought a pair of 100w Daylighters of ebay for $59 but I now need the wiring. I've picked up this much info.....
LED swich requies a 20 AWG wire--- can I hook this up so the light is lite when i turn my regular lights on?
I will need a relay- KC has 40w but i only can find 30w. Will that work or look harder for 40w.
The lights will take a 8-10 awg wire?
40w fuse- how many and where?
Anything else I will need to buy?

Try to look in pepboys, autozone, etc for a harness. The ones around me sell a complete wiring harness with a switch, relay, and connectors on the wires making all the wiring,switch,and relay just plug and play.

Critical_Level2 said:
Try to look in pepboys, autozone, etc for a harness. The ones around me sell a complete wiring harness with a switch, relay, and connectors on the wires making all the wiring,switch,and relay just plug and play.

i bought one of these at pep boys for $20 i think. i have yet to use it right now. package claims it will handle 330W of power.

There is a couple of links and diagrams in the FAQ section of the Lighting Forum that may also be helpfull.

Back