KC Daylighter question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC Daylighter question

I'm thinking about getting a pair (sorry Matt!). I currently have two sets of Hella switches, relays, and wiring installed, from some lights that I haven't had on the truck in over a year. If I just bought the KC's and hitched them up to the Hella wiring, would that be compatible and just as good, or is the KC wiring kit better in some way?

Bill, I don't mind :). I forgot, what kind of Hellas did you have? I know that the KC wiring is a heavier gauge then most Hellas come with, but I don't remember what kind of Hellas you had before. Best bet would be to run new wiring just because then your for sure that it will work, but you may be able to run with wiring as long as its similar gauge and the relay is the same duty.

Like Matt said you might wanna run new wires, just to be safe.

Bill, Wires from the battery to the lights and relay probably should be changed but the wires from the relay to the switch carry the same power no matter what size lights.
Besides they are the hardest to change.

Thanks, guys. I guess I need the whole package. My wiring is from one set each of Hella 500's and Hella XL's. Not as powerful as the KC's.

Matt, I really would like the Piaa 520's, but they are about twice the price.

Back