• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Code

MexicoMatt

Reaction score
City, State
ENGLAND, LIVING IN CANCUN MEXICO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 FORD EXPLORER XLT
I am a new Explorer owner, and just purchased a 2010 XLT from a private party. They are currently looking for the card that has the Keyless Entry Master Code, i did some googling, and found some directions as to where the code was "hidden" on other Ford models/years, but nothing on the 2010 XLT, also there was a video saying that if you put both keys in one after the other and turn to ACC (just before starting the engine) then the code is displayed, but that didn't work either. Does anyone know where this code might be in the car. I live in Mexico and if i take it to the dealer, they are either not going to know how to do it or charge an absolute fortune.

Cheers, Matt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thank You, i will go SEARCH for it. I actually browsed thru pages of that forum before posting, to see if there was anything. Must of missed it. Matt

Good luck. I took my smart phone and took a picture of mine. It was good enough that I could figure it out. there is also a pattern you can type in if you have the key that will decode it for you. Takes a bit of time but it works.

Thank you.
Actually, i couldn't find the post, all of them had the numbers you can type in and mainly said that the 2010 model doesn't have the code anywhere in the vehicle.
Matt

On my 2010 there is no code on the fusebox. I believe they stop after 2009.

Ford Dealer near me wanted $130.00

So the only way I found to get my code was this:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...0&postcount=23

found mine 2/3 of the way down page one. (Goes quick once you get start)

Good luck.

This is what I did to find the code for my 2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer. You won't find the numbers anywhere else in the car, believe I looked. It took my maybe 10-15 minutes entering codes before the looks opened when I hit the right combination. I would enter at least 5 to 8 different combinations from the list and then I would hit the lock button on the remote. This stopped the security from kicking in and I was able to keep entering codes pretty quickly. My codes ended up near the end of the listing and others I talked to had their show up earlier so don't get impatient or rush it.

Good Luck

I tried using two programmed keys, but it doesn't show anything on the display. The link above to get a list of numbers doesn't work and I can't find it using a search. Help!

To all that answered thank-you. Tech by trade, thanks for the link to your Personal Favourite, but as i said in my post before yours, i had found the guides "with all the numbers", along with all the posts (as the other people commented too) saying that there is no number "hidden" anywhere on the 2010 model. jziggy101 i was working my through the codes (got about halfway down) when the person who sold me the car found the original code. Also Chamaleon, i tried that as well with the two keys, and it didn't work for me either. What i would like to do now is change the code, i have found the guides online to add personal codes etc (even on the Ford page it tells you how to change it, but it still works afterwards all you are doing is creating a new personal code).

Again thank yo everyone that answered, and sorry if i didn't look hard enough before posting.

Cheers.

What i would like to do now is change the code, i have found the guides online to add personal codes etc (even on the Ford page it tells you how to change it, but it still works afterwards all you are doing is creating a new personal code).

You cannot get rid of the code Ford assigned the truck. You can, from what I recall reading somewhere, replace the keyless entry module (I believe its the one that does have the code printed on the white sticker on a pre-2010) with a used one from a junkyard, ebay, wherever. Your "new" code will be whatever Ford programmed onto that used module. You will also have to reprogram your existing remote fobs or buy a used module that includes remotes.

If you are concerned that a previous owner will have access to the vehicle, either via code or remote, you should look into changing the module. Or buying a gun?

Back