• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry help

Backtheblue0618

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Police interceptor
I have a 2014 PIU I just got forscan and enabled the keyless entry I can now get it to go into programming mode but when I use a ford key fob it doesn’t pair, It might be the RKE but I’m not sure if anyone has any tips lmk!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you were able to enable the remote module thru Forscan? If so then did you hit the unlock on the door, and then cycle the key 8 times so that the locks activate and unlock? This where you hit the button on the remote and get lock unlock quick pulse on car acknowledging a fob programming? Please respond.

I have a 2014 PIU I just got forscan and enabled the keyless entry I can now get it to go into programming mode but when I use a ford key fob it doesn’t pair, It might be the RKE but I’m not sure if anyone has any tips lmk!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

So you were able to enable the remote module thru Forscan? If so then did you hit the unlock on the door, and then cycle the key 8 times so that the locks activate and unlock? This where you hit the button on the remote and get lock unlock quick pulse on car acknowledging a fob programming? Please respond.
Yes the locks will cycle but the key fob won’t pair when I push the buttons on them maybe it’s a faulty fob? Someone else said it was confirmed working with the same fob so I’m lost

did you check the battery? I just programmed two different fobs and both worked.

Module isn't that big. I set mine inside the console with two sided tape. It shouldn't be hard to find the connector.

Module isn't that big. I set mine inside the console with two sided tape. It shouldn't be hard to find the connector.
I think I found the issue just a bad fob I’m gonna get a new one tomorrow and I’ll see how that goes!

I think I found the issue just a bad fob I’m gonna get a new one tomorrow and I’ll see how that goes!
Update I got a new fob and it worked!! I’m so happy to finally be able to open the door without needing to use the key

Backtheblue0618, is there anyway you could give me a write up on how to enable it via forscan and what I'll need? I have a 2015 PIU and I tried the 8x key on and off method but my locks do not cycle so I am assuming I'll have to go in and enable RKE.

Backtheblue0618, is there anyway you could give me a write up on how to enable it via forscan and what I'll need? I have a 2015 PIU and I tried the 8x key on and off method but my locks do not cycle so I am assuming I'll have to go in and enable RKE.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Hopefully the member you quoted is still following this thread. He was last seen here in January.

Peter

Hello,
ZF1996 did you find a solution and could you share it?
Thx for reply.

Back