• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Stopped Working

Mrlee75

Reaction score
City, State
Arcadia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer
Problem after problem. After unhooking the neg. battery cable to install an intake, I hooked the battery cable back up to test drive the explorer. After hooking up the battery, I realized the keyless entry and keypad stopped working. Touching the keypad would usually activate the dome lights, but now nothing happens. The key remotes are useless as well. Anyone run into similar problems? I've checked all the fuses and they look fine. Searched for similar problems, tried reprogramming it, but that didn't work.

I have a 97 5.0L EB AWD. Factory keyless entry. Everything worked fine the day before. Earlier in the day I took it to my mechanic to check something out. He ended up changing my brakes for me, but don't know what else he did or I did that could've started the problem. New RAP module? not a big issue, just small annoyance and the fact that I've had it for so long I've gotten accustomed to it.

If the problem lies in the fuel pump/RAP relay going bad, wouldn't the car not start at all?

nevermind. It's fixed. simply unplugged all connectors for 5 minutes and plugged back in. Started working in no time.

can you please post this result in the other thread you inquired in as well - since this seems to be a common issue.

keypad and fob not working

I have same issue tried to unplug the connectors at rear panel .still not working.what 5 connectors where unplugged?

Back