kicker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

kicker

GoodMike

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
right now i have a thunder 502 mtx amp running my 10 inch audiobahn sub and it is at 3 ohms...if i got a kicker L7 10inch (one of the square ones) am i gonna be able to run the same amp? or will i need a bigger one? im looking for some more sound.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that amp will work great. you need a dual 2 ohm sub so that you can wire the sub to 4 ohms and bridge the amp. If you want it to be louder i suggest you go with a 12 though.

would my amp do well powering a 12? i was at a audio place and they told me my amp wouldnt power a kicker l7 very well...i didnt know if they were just trying to sell me a bigger amp or if he was tellin the truth. also..what type of box would do the best...im very limited on space cause i move back and forth from college. so what is a good small box for this sub?

500 watts rms will be plenty for a 12... a ported enclosure would be loudest but its going to be alot larger. a sealed box would probably work best for you since you need the space.

kicker say for the 10 the power rating is 600rms and 1200 peak. if you can you should get it in the kicker box for the 10" L7. its small for being a ported box and is pretty loud. i know that cirucit city carries them.

cool, thanks, im lookin at the 12"...seeing the price i can get with my hookups, im supposed to be able to get it at factory cost...so i will have to see! my sub i have now is loud, really loud, but i want more (like what i read from some people where it blurs their vision!!!), and i want a cleaner hit. i hope this will do it for me!

GoodMike said:
cool, thanks, im lookin at the 12"...seeing the price i can get with my hookups, im supposed to be able to get it at factory cost...so i will have to see! my sub i have now is loud, really loud, but i want more (like what i read from some people where it blurs their vision!!!), and i want a cleaner hit. i hope this will do it for me!

Id go for a dual 2 ohm type R 12 if you want it to be "clean" L7s really shine in ported enclosures. Sealed they arent all that IMO.

so i just talked to my guy and he said he can hook me up with the 10 inch L7 and he will build me a custom box that is really loud all for 200...does that sound like a great deal???? let me konw.

If you don't know how to build your own box, a 10" L7 w/ a custom box is a good deal for $200.

Personally, I'd throw more power to the sub. Make sure it is a DVC2 ohm model though for that amp. If you plan on getting a bigger amp, I would go with an MTX801D and a DVC4 ohm model.

Good mike be careful, the kicker Solo lineup is really picky when it comes to airspace. they either need a very very small sealed or a huge ported kicker recommended size for a ported is about 2 cu. ft which is a hell of a lot for a 10. $200 bucks for a sub and a box sounds shady, is' probably stolen, not working properly, and i would have to say the box is probably garbage. and if it is stolen, you might end up out money and the sub. you should be asble to make your amp work, but if you get a new amp buy a Kicker, their SX series sub amps are actually better than the JL audio sub amps.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention i am sponsored by a shop that is a JL, Eclipse, Alpine, Kicker, and Clarion Dealer, i know a ton about these brands, i was actually offered a job there twice, but i didnt take it for competition (i would be thrown into a pro class) adn time/money constraints

listen...it is very rude to assume that everything is stolen or bad becasue i can get it at a good price. I happen to be getting a brand new kicker 10 inch from a certified kicker dealer, the reason i can get it so cheap is because the guy who works at the shop is the manager, is sponsered by kicker, and his wife is a good friend of mine. As for the box, he is a professional, this is what he does for a living...im not getting charged for the box because i am giving some aquarium stuff to his wife. i trust him a bit more than you...dont assume everything before you know anything

that sounds like a hella of a deal. the shops around here charge about a 100$ per sub to build a box.

I just got a kicker 12'' L5 and a ported box off ebay for about 220$. I am sending about 450w to it and it sounds beautiful. Just some advise

thanks guys, im going over to the guys house tomorrow night for a bbq and he will install it then! i think it is gonna have rhino line on it instead of carpet, so that is cool!

sounds like that system will be pimp, let us know how it turns out.

got my sub tonight, and it is much much much louder than my other. im very pleased with it! ill post pics tomorrow probably

update time. im very happy with my purchase! and here are some pics!
P1010479.jpg

P1010478.jpg

P1010477.jpg

P1010475.jpg

P1010476.jpg

P1010480.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back