• Register Today It's free!

Ladder Rack on a 2001 ST?

Team Chepsk8

Reaction score
City, State
Easton PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trak
My home repair business is starting to pick up, and using my 2001 ST as my work truck for now until I can afford a beater Van. I do some roof work and will need to carry a ladder.

What have you done in the past, and is a rack available? Any home-built racks? Pics of any?

Many Thanks in advance,

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best thing I can suggest is getting a pair of heavy duty roof rack cross bars (eBay) is where I got mine and very them on that. The bed is composite fiberglass so putting too much weight on the bedsides isn't safe or wise. I'll load some pictures and try and find the same crossbars I bought when I get home. You can also look in the lifted section or show off section to see pictures of them.

what every truck owner in the bay area seems to own (except myself) are those thule aluminum bed racks that fit on the corners of your bed and can adjust accordingly with an easy disconnect. just by how they are built, they look pretty damn expensive, but ive seen guys with smaller truckbeds like frontiers and shortbed tacoma 4 doors putting everything from ladders to kayaks, to canoes, to pipes on them. ive even seen a guy slap part of a parade float on one of those. you might want to look into them, they are made by thule.

picture.php

picture.php

I'll try and find a link tot he seller of the crossbars I have, it's been a couple years so we'll see.

I do window cleaning and I just put my big ladder on the factory roof rack. One tie-down on each crossbar and a bungee cord on the side rail or it will slide around.

Back