largest tire size availble for 05 EB 4X4?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

largest tire size availble for 05 EB 4X4??

bjso3572

Reaction score
City, State
Northern, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 EB 4X4
I am wanting to upgrade tire size and am wanting some info. on what is the largest availble without lift,as well as with a 2"lift. If anyone has pics of an 05with lift and larger tires I would love to see!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya im in same situation

265/75/16

2" lift will not change it, will look better though.

Based on the information that I have read thanks to everyone who has done it already (I don't have money to yet), is that you can fit 265/75R16 or almost 32" tires with no lift and regrettably, even with 3 inches of lift, you can still only sensibly fit the same tires just with more clearance. The only way you can go larger then that would be to put a 3 inch body lift and 3 inches of suspension lift to clear 285/75R16.

Check out this tread for more information: Sticky: For Sale 3rd Gen Lift Kits!!

I know that thread covers lifts, but that is where we seem to talk about what tires can be cleared.

Also the Lift Registry may be some assistance...This is where they are trying to get everybody to list their setups.

wat about 17" wheels?

Good question. The answer is 265/70/17. It's a 31.7" tyre (265/75/16 is 31.6").

i see you have 2" lift springs from your sig.... where can i order from... i cant seem to find them anywhere

i see you have 2" lift springs from your sig.... where can i order from... i cant seem to find them anywhere

Mine are King Springs - an Aussie manufacturer/supplier. They only really yielded about 1/2" at the front and 1.75" for the rear. RBs spacers would be the way to go for lift - guaranteed to result in the exact lift for whatever sized spacer you buy from him.

Mine are King Springs - an Aussie manufacturer/supplier. They only really yielded about 1/2" at the front and 1.75" for the rear. RBs spacers would be the way to go for lift - guaranteed to result in the exact lift for whatever sized spacer you buy from him.

y0ngexpl0der, if you are interested in springs, the Coil Spring Specialties thread will give you information about the springs that most are running here in the US. As JCUZ said, the other option is the spacers RoadBully is making.

aight cool.. thanks guys

aight cool.. thanks guys

If you still have questions, the search function will yield tons of results on this subject as it seems like we get to tires in most threads regardless what the initial topic was to start with.

Back