Latest '01 Sport Trac Electrical Gremlins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latest '01 Sport Trac Electrical Gremlins

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
The other night I was outside looking for one of my dogs. She loves riding in my Sport Trac and usually all I have to do is go outside and hit the unlock on the key fob and she'll coming running if she's w/in ear-shot (either that or peeling the plastic off a piece of cheese usually works).

My ST has always displayed strange electrical gremlins since I first got it 3.5 years ago usually related to using the key fob (flashing the lights repeatedly, cycling the door locks and other things). It hasn't done this in a while, but then I typically don't fool with the key fob. The other night was even stranger than usual. I unlocked the doors, but my dog didn't come running right away so I hit the lock button to re-lock the doors. When I did this the fog/driving lights and parking lights began flashing ON/OFF and the blower fan started running. This went on for maybe 5 seconds and then stopped. It did this every time I unlocked an locked the doors w/the key fob. The only thing out of the ordinary I was doing was that I never actually opened the driver's door.

Anyone else ever experienced weird stuff like this? I figure it's somehow PATS related, but the horn has never blown during these episodes.

Back