• Register Today It's free!

leaf spring hanger?

fire-ant

Reaction score
City, State
NEW YORK
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
mine rotted badly. i need to replace them but ford says their obsolete, and no one else carries them. i did a search and found that the ones from the 05 sport trac are the same. is that correct? would the rear hangers also be the same on the sport trac? i figured i should do all four while im at it.

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The leaf springs connect to the frame with "Shackles".. (search on this keyword and you'll get lots of hits) You can buy generic shackles at Autozone which will do the trick (a bunch of members have installed them and have had no issues with them..

i'm a bit confused. so the shackles will take the place of the hanger bracket that's riveted to the frame?

fire-ant >> you're talking about the hanger thats located at the front of the leaf spring right?

If you're getting the hangers from the dealer, you can always compare the two side by side and check.

As for the rear hangers, they are called "shackles" and I'm sure the rear shackles on a Sport Trac, along with the other Explorer flavors, will be the same as your original pair.

Back