Lean Code on 2000 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lean Code on 2000 Explorer

Alright back again guys,

I just replaced the EGR valve and i disconnected the battery to reset the computer and I drove it home and to some other places and the check engine light came back on. I know its that damn lean code again but what else could the lean code be if I already replaced the EGR valve, fuel filter, and the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets.

Any solutions guys?

Jake

Sorry for the late reply,

Have you figured your issue out??

Based on your last post, have you gotten that code checked to confirm the lean code again? This is a shot in the dark, but it may be an EGR code. Are you sure you tightened everything back up? Did you reconnect all those itty bitty vacuum hoses? The reason why I ask is usually lean codes take a while to pop up becuase the engine takes a while to adjust the fuel trims back to running rich. Get your code checked, then we'll think about it some more.

Thanks,

ERUSH

Thanks Erush

I checked on a program called Alldata at my school and it said that the "differential pressure feedback sensor" can pull a lean code. I don't know if that's correct but its just a thought.

Thanks again
Jake

Most definitely. The DPFE can cause a lean code. I don't remember how to test it (I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere; I consulted one myself a while back).

If you need to replace it, use Motorcraft, not the aftermarket ones. I've heard the aftermarket ones fail pretty early. . . I'm not sure though. I've never had to replace mine.

Good Luck!

ERUSH

Back