• Register Today It's free!

leather seats?

NickSantagataa

Reaction score
City, State
Mount dora , Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer xlt 4x4
I bought my explorer with cloth and I really wanted leatherfrom the start but got a great deal on my ex and I couldn't pass it up, so now I'm looking at buying leather seats, people have told me to get direct fit seat covers but they all look baggy and as if a joke, I'm thinking of trying a junk yard for the leather seats , I tried finding them online but not alot pulls up. So if anyone could link me to some leather seats or know of any leather seat covers that aren't baggy on the seat and the headrest please let me know. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seat covers are all crap because of the side airbags.... everything I have seen is baggy or only covers the fronts so the sides stay uncovered... I have the tan seats so every week they turn black from my pants and work... so covers would be a nice thing... I once saw on ebay someone selling factory take offs but they wanted way too much money and you would have to strip off the cloth and replace with the leather covers... im sure that is alot of work... Im temped to just buy a bolt of tan pleather and try to make my own... probably too much work and waste of money... what I really want to so is replace the cloth on the door panels

I'm thinking about buying tan vinyl for the door panel to put where the cloth is and try to stitch it to the inside of that panel but it won't be cheap of course ����, I got a quote from a custom interior place that will remove the cloth from the seat and wrap it in tan leather for $800 but that's way too much found decent looking ones at a junk yard for $400 they just need to be washed and cleaned real good so I'm going to go and get them before they crush the 09 e.b. stay tuned for pics ������

ive never seen a 4th gen in a junk yard here in metro detroit... let alone a 3rd gen... so grab them up... my dad wants a rear door for his 2004 and it has been no luck... I would need black door without holes for flares and this makes it even harder... closest was a 2003 with holes in black and I would have needed to fill the holes and paint it anyway... have not had the chance to check out another junk yard but a year ago I was not looking for 2006-2010 but they had none at that time

I was also thinking if I could get the arm rest and other things away from the cloth I could soak it in polyester resin and sand it smooth and paint it tan.... so it would look like the matching plastic

Lol well here in Florida when it rains being young myself alot of us like to push our ex's to the limit on curves and so people are always rolling them or smacking head on into someone because it's a 2 way curve. And I got the seats just trying to clean them, the drivers seat has a small tear on when you open the door but other than that they're not even cracked of anything . Defiantly a good deal. I just could not get the 3rd row of seats in leather but not too concerned because they're always down then the exolorer mat is on top of it.

Back