Left over vac line-where does it go? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Left over vac line-where does it go?

Andrea P

Reaction score
City, State
Glendale AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4WD XLT
Dear experts,
Please help me before I set the thing on fire. I replaced my Evaporative core and I have a left over vac line that I can not find where it goes.
I have a 1996 4WD XLT V6. I already have the one line connected to the AC Reservoir but for the life of me I can not find where the other identical line goes. It is the one that has gray tape wrapped on the end of it. I have looked at pictures on google as well as vac line diagrams until I am cross eyed. I find some with abbreviations on them but then can not find what the abbreviation means for a line.

Please please help me.

Andrea

NOW I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THE PICTURE..ANY HELP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same truck as you.
One goes to the fuel pressure regulator, on the passenger side near the intake manifold.... another to a round vac tank, another goes down under the truck to the 4wd system/

The round vac tank, is that the same as the thing that looks like a black ball (Vac reservoir, right?) if so, that one I have in the right spot. The one I don't know where it goes is the identical red one, but it is short and can not find another loose hose to connect it to.

I have the same truck as you.
One goes to the fuel pressure regulator, on the passenger side near the intake manifold.... another to a round vac tank, another goes down under the truck to the 4wd system/
And, do you know how I can post a picture to show you which one I am talking about?

I was able to post a pic on ford forums online page. Do you think I would eventually get an error code?

You have to use an image upload service, and place a link here.

https://imgur.com/ Put your pic there (its real easy, and place the link)

There is one that comes off the engine for vacuum supply and there is another one for the heater control valve. Both of those good?

There is one that comes off the engine for vacuum supply and there is another one for the heater control valve. Both of those good?
Yup, the heater control valve would have 4 heater tubes coming out of it. And a vacuum line. That was likely removed too for the evap job.

YxHQJOu.jpg

uh, where about is the heater control valve?
It is not the issue, it is at the bottom center of the pic and connected. I will look at my truck and get back.

The fuel pressure regulator is round, on the passenger side of the engine, under the black intake manifold. sort of in the center (front to back). It has a vacuum port on the top. Check for that.

uh, where about is the heater control valve?
Ok, wait...I think that piece broke and was one of 3 trips to the auto parts store.
JKY885s.jpg

AS far as I know, the heater control valve is all hooked up. The loose one that I have left over, I can not tell where the other end goes.

I found the fuel pressure regulator down below, not in plain sight. That is where the vac hose went to. Thank you so much for your time and help. On to the next fix..

Back