left turn signal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

left turn signal

shelb

Reaction score
City, State
vidilia georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi everyone im new to the forum I have a 95 ford explorer the left turn signal will not work or the emergence flashers and no left turn signal light on dash either have changed everything i know to change like the turn signal switch and the flasher switch anyone have this problem or know how to fix it need help badly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search for "Multifunction Switch".

my 97 has a similar problem but it only would stop working with the hazards on... sometimes they would come on sometimes it wouldn't... it wound up being a loose wire near the headlight assembly... good luck with your problem

My twin sons' 98 Explorer Sport has a similar problem. The left turn signal doesn't work but the right one does. It did flash when the steering wheel was in the rest position, but my one son noticed that it stopped when the steering wheel was lowered. Now it doesn't work at all. I suspect the MFS is defective, although I shouldn't rule out a problem with wiring. Is it possible to clean the MFS instead of simply replacing it?

I was hoping to get a reply to my question, but I have researched other posts about this problem. I saw a post from "aldive" in June 2005 about replacing the multifunction switch and he said this -

"The first step is to disconnect the negative battery cable. Next, the 3 screws that hold the steering column shrouds on were removed and upper and lower steering column shrouds. This fully exposes the multifunction switch and its two Allen head screws which are then removed. The two electrical connectors are removed.

Installation is the reverse of the above procedure.

The total time involved in this project was about 20 minutes."

I wonder if this is true for my sons' 98 Explorer as well. I see the three screw openings in the shrouds. Do these screws have Phillips heads? And does this procedure apply if the car has the tilt function for the steering wheel?

If I can easily separate the shrouds around the steering wheel, I suspect I may find that a wire or two might be pinched.

Deleted

Back