No left turn signal or hazard light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No left turn signal or hazard light

RogerLeej

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer
I have a '96 Explorer with no left turn signal. The right turn signal works fine, the left one does not turn on at all, in the front, the rear or the dash. When I turn on the hazards, the right side lights comes on in all three places but do not flash, the left side lights do not come on anywhere. When I turn on the headlights, all the bulbs work. We have checked all the fuses, bulbs, the yellow flasher box under the dash, I and my buddies have no clue what is wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bad multi-function switch?

thanks for responding

I read on another post it could be in the steering column, I tried moving it up and down, nothing changed.

I'll recheck the multi-function switch tomorrow and get back with you guys. I took the mfs off of my wrecked Explorer and switched them out with the same results. But like I say, I'll recheck it tomorrow.

I also posted on my transmission being slow to engage. I ordered new valve body upper and lower gaskets today, do either of you guys have any suggestions on the transmission?

Thanks for responding guys!!!! I'm a little frustrated. The motor was the issue when I bought the truck, I did a great job with that, these two issues were a surprise once I got it running.

thanks for responding

I read on another post it could be in the steering column, I tried moving it up and down, nothing changed.

I'll recheck the multi-function switch tomorrow and get back with you guys. I took the mfs off of my wrecked Explorer and switched them out with the same results. But like I say, I'll recheck it tomorrow.

I also posted on my transmission being slow to engage. I ordered new valve body upper and lower gaskets today, do either of you guys have any suggestions on the transmission?

Thanks for responding guys!!!! I'm a little frustrated. The motor was the issue when I bought the truck, I did a great job with that, these two issues were a surprise once I got it running.
I have an 02 explorer sport 2 door was told it was a generation 2 basically because it has even though it looks different from 95-01 it looks different from the 02 on up it looks like the older columns with cruise control on either side of the steering wheel like my 95 explorer and 97 did was just curious what year vehicles the multi switch works in mine since I can't get definitive answer from any of the parts websites eBay or Amazon also looking to fix the problem with the multi switch by going to the junkyard and finding a column and making the harness a little bit longer by cutting one in the junkyard and splicing it in can anybody tell me what other explorers or rangers I can get this plug from

We had a similar issue with our '95. The hazard button on the column was the cause. We sprayed Deoxit in the opening while working the button up and down. The cleaner eventually worked it's way into the switch and resolved the issue. We don't remember if we were able to pull off the cap on the switch or not. Good luck.

Back