lift options????

colindo94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
I already have a 3 in bl and now its time for a suspension lift. These are the options that im thinking about. I could go with a 4in tuff country lift with the bodylift. I was also thinking about takining off the body lif and getting the 5.5in superlift. I want 33x12.5 tires. Does anyone have any feedback on which lift they like. has anyone had any problems with these lifts? please hlp me out.

colin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would recomend the Rough Country over the Tuff Country...The front end parts are pretty much the same but the Tuff Country only comes with AAL. The Rough Country has new leaf springs. I dont think the price is much diffrent. I have 4" Rough Country and 3"BL and I love it.

if your just going 33's , get a smaler lift than a 5.5in superlift ! even the 4in tuff country is going to be to much with the 3in. body lift you got now.. big old truck, with little bity tires

I've got 3" body and 2" susp. and it would clear 33's easily. If you just want to clear 33's, go cheap with the 2" lift. If you want 35's...4" or 5.5". Or get a 5.5" and remove the body lift like you said.

some mebers have gotten the 33's or even 35's with just that 4" but if you are going with bigger tires down the road...you might as well as go witht he 5.5" lift and SOA in the rear.

Why not just trim and keep the cog down?

well i want to take out the bodylift. will it look look to big with oly 33's if i have the 5.5 inch superlift.

no it would look ok, but you could go 35's...

and ill take the body lift, how much ?

ill sell it to you for 60 dollars and i just put it on about a month ago so it's pretty new.

33's with 5.5 would be fine. Like I said i've got 32's with 5" total, and they're a little small. 33's or some swamper 34's would be good.

what ever kit you get, make sure its not the drop plate style for the pass beam, unless its a pavement pounder only, then no worries, but if you wheel it be ready to damage the D35 housing with drop plates

only had the body lift on for a month.. must not like it huh

No I Like It But I Want The 5.5" Suspension Lift And With The Bl Its To Big.

ill sell it to you for 60 dollars and i just put it on about a month ago so it's pretty new.

let me know when its off, and you must have pay-pal.

cheapthrillex
can you explain about what you said a little more about the drop plate style. I dont really understand and would the 5.5in superlift be this style.

I was also thinking about a rear tire rack that would swing open to allow me to open the tail gate. any ides?

when you do the 5.5" superlift do you do the soa in the rear to get the 5.5" for the rear. is that how you get the lift for this lift kit.

i've seen 8" kits use the drop plate, the SOA really only gets you 3-4 inches, probably an llift shackle or add a leaf for the rest,

the drop plate for the pass beam is simply that, its a steel plate that drops the location of the bracket that holds the pass. beam. So you reuse the factory bracket just in a 5.5 inch lower position,

Where say Skyjacker for example uses an entirely new bracket, (not reusing the factory bracket)

the prob with the drop plate is not only thats its rather weak (i bent mine) but without awesome bumpstops set really close to the drivers beam, when you bounce (or jump in my case) when the suspension compress's that plate hangs right over the Alum. Diff housing and punches a hole in it, where the SJ bracket does not hang over the diff their fore not hitting it, whatever the extra cost, pay it, its worth it

what kid of susp do you have on your sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mismatch, when i bought it, it had a drop plate style 4" kit, after punching two holes in my diff i know have 6" Skyjacker coil springs, superlift 5.5" TTB brackets, and no clue on my radius arm brackets

Back