Lift Options? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Options?

Did you do a 3" or 2"? If it was the 2" one than I can see that as they require modification of the 3" brackets.

Nope 3". Keep in mine the only rust on my explorer (that i got cut out and welded in new body parts) was on the rockers. I don't really have ANY rust underneath of it besides the usual surface rust. The bolts came out with ease (and the assistance of an air gun). Another thing that might have helped was air tools & a lift. That and I didn't have to drop the gas tank or cut anything to get to that one mount. :scratch:

All the nuts welded to the frame mount or were they just screwed in onto the bolt on everyone elses? Cause all I had to do was hit them from the top with an air gun to put them in and out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah wait, probably 4 hours. Because I had the bolts for the rear carpet flap thingy out, the e-brake off, and the carpet pealed up in the front with the seats held in hand tight with two screws on each side. That took me about an hour or so the week before.

So yeah 4 hours not 3.

I'm waiting to do my BL till I get to school. I am going to NTI (Nascar Technical Institute, a branch of Universal Technical Institute) and should have plenty of help there on weekends. Unless I can talk one of my instructors into letting me bring it in as a "class project"!:D:thumbsup:;)
We shall have to wait and see though.

Hey guys i was thinking about doing 2" front lift spacers and aal. Along with a 3" body lift. do i need drop brackets for that set up and will i need longer shocks.

im having to have longer shocks, that is what im currently doing, you can max em out and have a very harsh ride, i went for the more money and got longer shocks

to give you more of an idea of the pain the ass the susp lift is, this quote they gave me of 125, well lets just say i took it in for them to do, and now it is sitting in the driveway waiting on me to figure out how to piss off the wife when i tell her they are charging 250-300 cause now they are saying it needs eccentric adjusters and alignment

Hey guys i was thinking about doing 2" front lift spacers and aal. Along with a 3" body lift. do i need drop brackets for that set up and will i need longer shocks.

You don't HAVE to get new shocks with that, but it would be recommended that you do. Unless you just like the feeling of every bump in the road + lack of safety. I'd get longer newer shocks.

How much you gonna sell it for? Which one did you buy from fat bobs? The one that came with the decal or not?

it came with a decal yeah, but, the kids played with it.. lol as a sticker... probably do 50 shipped, i bought the black one with stud extenders, listed them on a few sites

So it's this part number UH20200-4WD.
And not this one 20200-4WD.

k31018-4wd.jpg
thats the exact pic of it

So it's $9.95 cheaper?

Does anyone know what the difference between polyurethane spacers and UHMW spacers are? Which ones are gonna last longer?:D Example, which ones will squish first?

Back