Lift with air ride

95Blitz

Reaction score
City, State
Dothan, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 X 5.0 EB 05 XLT 2wd
97 X EB 5.0 AWD with air ride

I'm looking at doing a lift with shackels and TT. My question is will I need to convert to regular shocks and loose the air ride?

You have two choices, disable the ARC and change shocks, or trick the height sensors into not letting all of the air out(lift). The ARC will add or remove air to maintain the stock height. If you don't do something, the shocks will be destroyed or useless, from being emptied of air. Most trucks have had too many problems with the ARC systems by now, so most people choose to eliminate the system.

I'd recommend that also, but I chose to install a rear ARC system into my 99. It works for me because of the new shocks, air lines and dryer which I installed. I tricked my rear height sensor into letting me run an inch lower than stock. I knew what I was getting into, so what I have might last me another five years or so if I take care of it. Good luck,

Yeah i'm not worried about lossing the air ride.

You simply have to fabricated some brackets for the front and rear sensors to compensate for the altered ride height. I addressed how to do it in a post a few years ago, but dont have time to search for it now. If you have other questions about it let me know.

Back