Lifting my Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting my Explorer

Spanky

Reaction score
I am new to all of this. I have seen various ways of lifting Explorers and I am wondering what a Torsion twist is as well as add a leaf. I don't want to spend $600 for a 3" body lift (labor included) nor do I want to spend the cash for a suspension lift. At this time, I am just looking to gain 2 to 3 inches in lift. I just added 31x10.50 BFG's and like the new look. I would just like some advice on raising my Explorer 2 to 3 inches inexpensively.Please E-mail me at harleynut5@aol.com and under subject put "lift" -thanks in advance for your tips.

Sheldon
Dallas, Tx.

Now if you would add what year is your Explorer that would really, really help.

91-94 - there's a suspension lift available from Skyjacker at like $150.00. Includes 2 new front coil springs and 2 add-a-leafs for the back. That gives you about 2" of lift.
You can try adding coil spacers in the front (not too much though) and new shackles for the rear.

Newer rigs, well, turn your front suspension up a bit by adjusting front torsion bars and install add-a-leaf or new shackles in the back. That's it.
You'd still need to install these yourself you know cause if you go and hire someone to do it it will cost you more but probably still within your price range.

Later,

what year is your explorer. If it is a pre95 the only way is a suspension or body lift. If it's 95+ the torsion lift would work fine. Search under Explorer Tips on the main page and it will show you how to do this.

Back