Lightning Rims on 2000 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lightning Rims on 2000 Explorer

Ive been wanting to get black rock crawler rims but then I decided not to because Im never off the street. I was thinking about getting new gen Lightning rims. Will they fit or what? See on the 2000 the got some wide as fenders and some small as tires. its looks like **** so I was going to get Lightning rims because there bigger and also wider. Will they fit??? :D :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no

If I am not mistaken, they will not fit because the F-150 and the Explorer have different lug patterns. Both are 5 lug but the bolt pattern is different(larger on the F-150) thus they won't fit no matter what size the wheel is.

yeah, the bolt pattern is the difference. there was some talk about using adaptors, but its a real bad idea for quite a few reasons, safety is the most important of those.

The F-150s have 5 on 5" bolt pattern and the Explorer/Ranger have the passenger car 5 on 4 1/2"

So either you get the rear axles and rotors redrilled in the bigger pattern and the front hubs /rotors swapped out for F-150 rotors (if they fit!) you'd be in like Flynn. otherwise I don't think it's possible.

Well, I know they won't fit, but i thought F-150s were 5 on 135mm er some goofy pattern like that...

Yea, in 97, the F150s went from 5x5.5" to a funky metric pattern.

Robb

Back