• Register Today It's free!

Lill Mule 89 BII

shawn.m

Reaction score
City, State
placerville, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco 2 with 92 4.0
Putting a thread here to track everything that has been done and what I am doing to it.

Traded a Polaris quad for this bronco. It was smash9002 bronco over at TRS

list of things done to it.
body 1989
cut off hatch
custom bumpers front and rear
2 8" Hella lamps
2 3" rear spots

suspension
6" superlift with extended arms, stainless steel lines, superrunner steering linkage
D35 front with 4.10 and locker, Warn manual HUbs Rancho Non Adjustable shocks in front-blown and need replacing
1998 Ford 8.8 rear 4.10 locker disc brakes, Factory locker - Has tag on case
Spring over axle done in back
Rancho adjustable shocks rear

mitsi 4m156 5 speed
electric shift transfer case
33x12.50x15 pro comp xterrians on rockcrushers
Family 6 point roll cage. - had a 8 point but person before me cut out the cab loop.
1993 Ranger 4.0 - no cam sensor
cherry bomb muffler behind magnaFlow cat
optima Redtop

bought it with wiring problems. think have most of them fixed. Lots more to come.

1st%20drive.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

already found a manual transfer case at local junkyard for $150. tempted to drop it in the car just to get rid of the wires.
talking to a other member on a different board about getting a M50D - mainly as a preventive measure.
picked up a Smittybilt XCR8 winch for $299,winch plate, 48" hi-lift jack. going to try and get the winch plate and winch in tomorrow.

Impressive list of parts. What kind of lockers?

rear looks to be factory as it has the tag on it. unsure on front. I need to email the previous owner
Found a Airbox with MAS out of a 96 SOHC 4.0 and bought it . Unfortunately realized that the MAS Sensor is a two prong on the 96. Going to return it and get one off a 96 2.3 that has the better MAS sensor. Already bought the Spectre Air Filter adapter, have a couple of 3" filters sitting around from previous projects.
Will mock it all up and see if i like it. Might just modify the stock air box to do the cowl induction

Hey, thats my old Bronco!

Back